Loading...
 
New Themes

New Themes


Mittwoch Problem

posts: 4

Hi there guys, just found tikiwiki yesterday and it seems it will do what I want biggrin

I had a look at the themes and the Mittwoch theme really stood out, so I decided to install it.

This is what I did

1. Made a cpanel install of tikiwiki 1.9.8.3
2. Activated "Site Logo and Identity" & PHP LAYERS MENUS
3. Inserted the custom site identity code included in the Mittwoch zip, and modified the "phplayers id=43" to "phplayers id=42" (The default phplayers menu)

And THIS is what I came out with confused Any idea's on how I could fix this?


Thanks

skilly

posts: 254 Japan

Looks like the site search bar is turned on in the Site Identity configuration page. For this theme, there is a search form already in the custom code, so the Site Identity search bar option should not be activated.

This is mentioned in the read-me file that comes with the theme package. I also put this file on the site here as a page for reference — Mittwoch.

See if the site searchbar option is turned on, on your Site Identity config page, and if so, if turning it off fixes the display problem for the theme.

-- Gary


posts: 254 Japan


Hmm. I rechecked this theme's details and was reminded that the Mittwoch theme's tiki-site_header.tpl file (not the custom code) contains one search form, the simpler one, conditional on "if $feature_search eq 'y'". The control for this is the "Search" checkbox on the Admin Features page.

The other search form, with the dropdown to narrow searches, is the one activated by the search bar checkbox on the Site Identity admin page and is displayed "if $feature_sitesearch eq 'y'". I don't know why it's displaying at your site because there's nothing in the Mittwoch templates that triggers it (the one at doc.tw.o is displayed by the site identity custom code there).

Sometimes theme changes aren't complete until you clear the template caches. Did you use the System Admin (Exterminator) (tiki-admin_system.php) to clear the caches after the theme change?

A second problem I notice with your screenshot is that the site title has the wrong styling. The h1 in the site header is using the styling intended for h1.pagetitle. I'm not sure why this would happen unless something related to the search form problem is interfering with CSS selectors or something. I have Tiki 1.9+ at a couple of site and am trying to replicate these problems but so far haven't been able to.

-- Gary


posts: 4

I manual installed the newest tiki, installed the theme, and used Exterminator. Still the same result frown

If I gave you admin and ftp access could you look into it for me please?


skilly

posts: 254 Japan

I manual installed the newest tiki, installed the theme, and used Exterminator. Still the same result frown

If I gave you admin and ftp access could you look into it for me please?


skilly


I'm pretty busy now updating these themes and doing others for Tiki 1.10. (Also trying to learn from past efforts and do things smarter the next time around wink.) So I don't have much free time. If the problem isn't solved yet, though, you can send me (private message at this site) — the access info and I'll check when I get a chance.

-- Gary


posts: 1

I really liked the Mittwoch theme too. I'm using it in tikiwiki 1.9.9. Had similar problems as mentioned above. So I did a page to page comparison of the html from themes.tikiwiki.org and my site. I changed the Site Identity code to:
<h1 class="sitetitle"><a href="index.php" title="Home (Alt+1)" accesskey="1">Site Title</a></h1>
</div>
<div class="clearfix" id="sitenavbar">
<div id="sitenavbarlinks">
{phplayers id=43 type=horiz}</div>

it's missing an open div tag at the very beginning and a closing div tag at the very end.
it also seemed to fit a little better with Sites Ads and Banners on.
I'm by no means an expert, but it works for me. I can't explain why it works with missing tags. However, when I add them back in, the theme messes up on me like the images that were attached above.

posts: 254 Japan

What you changed the Site Identity code to is in fact Mittwoch's original Site Identity code — I just downloaded the zip again to check. The opening div tag and closing div tag appear to be missing from the code because they are actually in the tiki-site_header.tpl file just before and after where the Site Identity code is used, so the lines of code mesh together OK.

(I made the code — modifying the default template files — for the completed header area of the page and then separated out the part for the custom code because it contains the "Site Title" text and the menu ID number that probably need to be modified for each site. The exact points where this trimming begins and ends are therefore somewhat arbitrary as far as the div tags are concerned.)

-- Gary


posts: 4

Awesome that fixed it, thank you very much guys!lol

skilly


Switch Theme

Layout

Subscribe to Tiki Newsletters!

Delivered fresh to your email inbox!
Newsletter subscribe icon
Don't miss major announcements and other big news!
Contribute to Tiki

Site Config