You want a Tiki-powered site but none of the bundled themes fit with the look & feel you want for a project? You would like an easy way to generate a style? Me too!
I have a (crazy?) idea for a Tiki CSS generator. Before I explain it, please visit the StrangeBanana:
Ideal end result would be: 1- submit logo or picture, 2- a corresponding CSS is generated, 3- result can be visualized from demo site and 4- then just use the custom css on your site!
- Modify one of the current CSS (style) to have a small number (3-6) of basic colors.
- Turn these colors into variables, for example $background, $basecolor, $highlight, etc
- Generate colors from a photo / logo. There is a “Random From Image” button. So the user could try several times until he finds something pleasing. (like StrangeBanana) http://www.colr.org/
- Generate colors which contrast well (for text over backgound) http://www.barelyfitz.com/projects/csscolor/
- For cases where we need a gradient (example, calendar event importance), we could have a formula which generates them. Please see “Generating Palettes With PHP” from site above for an example. #Another possible tool: http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/tools/color-blend/
For all the images, logos, etc in Tiki, we should try to make sure they are all transparent so they look good with different backgrounds.
Am I missing anything? Any volunteers? Anyone see something similar in another CMS?